A Song of degrees of David.
- If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
- If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
- Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
- Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
- Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
- Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
- Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
- Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.